Comment on page
MSP Tenant Setup
Managed Service Providers (MSPs) typically manage several customers of their own. It requires the capability to silo all systems data into separate organizations representing the customers. Also, it is a requirement that customer (organization) specific users don't have access to any data belonging to other customers (organizations).
IT-Conductor supports such configurations via the use of Organizations.
1. In the IT-Conductor main menu, navigate to Management > Resources > Organizations.
Figure 1: IT-Conductor Management Menu
2. Click on the "+" icon to create a new organization.
Figure 2: Create New Organization Icon
3. Provide the necessary information to proceed in creating an organization.
Figure 3: Create New Tenant Organization
Please ensure that the selected e-mail domain represents an actual customer e-mail domain.
- The e-mail domain is unique across the entire IT-Conductor space
- Invitations for customer/organization users are restricted to e-mails under that domain
- After creating the organization, tenant admins could no longer change the domain
You can assign a custom default dashboard for individual organizations
Do Not Disturb is only honored when a notification targets the Organization. It is not honored when notifying individual users within the organization directly or as part of a role or a group.
4. Click on the "+" icon to complete the process.
Select the Organization drop-down in the wizard prompt when creating a new Gateway.
Figure 4: Adding Organization in Creating Gateways
When defining monitored systems, select the Organization dropdown in the wizard prompt.
Figure 5: Adding Organization in Creating New SAP System
The application tree will show up under the Organizations container when properly configured.
1. To invite a user, click on the <Organization Name> in the Service Grid. Then, click on Users.
Figure 6: IT-Conductor Service Grid View
2. Click the "Invite" icon.
Figure 7: Invitation Icon
3. Fill in the necessary information and click the "+" icon to complete the process. The invitation will be sent to the user and is Organization-specific. When the user goes through with the registration, they will be associated with the organization and inherit organizational roles.
Figure 8: Invite a User to Register in IT-Conductor