Comment on page
Creating Robot Users
Robot Users, also known as Technical Users, are capable of performing tasks that require particular backend system authorizations. Robot users are assigned to the process definition to execute an automation workflow.
- 1.Navigate to Management > Security > Robots.
Figure 1: Management Menu in IT-Conductor
- 2.Fill in the required attributes that reflect the intended purpose of the robot or technical user to be created.
Figure 2: Create a Technical (Robot) User Wizard
- 3.Clickto complete the robot/technical user creation.
Figure 3: List of Robot/Technical Users
The next step after creating a robot user is to create a robot account. An IT-Conductor robot account should be created and associated with the application/DB/OS users with assigned privileges to execute the local action on the system.
- 1.Select "Accounts" in the Service Grid.
Figure 4: GRQ Service Grid
Figure 5: GRQ System's Accounts
- 2.Clickto add a new SAP user account.
- 3.Select the robot user in the "Person" attribute to associate it with the SAP user account to be created.
Figure 6: Associate IT-Conductor Robot/Technical User to SAP User Account
Note: The Client/User attributes are used for SAP accounts. A Robot account (or a regular user account) can have multiple accounts associated to interact with multiple systems.
- 4.Fill in the required attributes and click Finish to complete the SAP user account creation.