Comment on page
SAP ASE Server
1. In the IT-Conductor main menu, navigate to Dashboards > Administrator.
Figure 1: IT-Conductor Dashboards Menu
2. In the Administrator Dashboard, locate the ASE Servers panel and click
to start adding a system to be monitored
Figure 2: Add a New SAP ASE Server
3. Before connecting to an ASE Server, please make sure that the following configuration parameters are properly configured.
Note Please take note of the SAP ASE Configuration requirements.
Figure 3: SAP ASE MDA Configuration
4. In the Create New ASE Server wizard, fill out all the necessary information. Once completed, click
to add the system.
Figure 4: Create a New ASE Server
5. A pop-up message will appear to confirm that the SAP ASE has been added successfully. Click OK to dismiss and proceed to configure the ASE Server user to be used for monitoring.
Figure 5: SAP ASE Server Created Successfully
6. Provide the new SAP Account information in the wizard and click Finish to complete the configuration.
Figure 6: SAP Account Information
7. A pop-up message will appear to confirm that the JDBC DB account has been created successfully. Click OK to complete the process.
Figure 7: SAP Account Confirmation
8. The newly added server will appear in Server under the ASE Servers panel.
Figure 9: SAP ASE Servers
Note It may take a few minutes to change the status to "In Progress," refresh the panel if needed. If there are issues with the configuration, such as wrong connection parameters or an invalid account etc. the status will stay "Ready", troubleshoot by displaying the log (click ontools for the new record or click object icon and select Log from the menu popup)
9. ASE System will show up in the service grid within 5-15 minutes.
Figure 10: IT-Conductor Service Grid View
Please create a dedicated ASE monitoring account for IT-Conductor. The account needs to be granted mon_role role.