Comment on page
1. From IT-Conductor main menu, navigate to Dashboards > Administrator.
Figure 1: IT-Conductor Dashboards Menu
2. In the Administrator dashboard, locate the MaxDB Instances panel and click
to start adding a system to be monitored.
Figure 2a: Add MaxDB Instance
Figure 2b: Add MaxDB Instance
3. In the Create New MaxDB System wizard, fill out the database connection properties and other necessary information. Once completed, click
icon to add the system.
Figure 3: Create New MaxDB Instance
4. A pop-up message will confirm that the MaxDB instance has been added successfully. Click OK to dismiss and proceed to configure the MaxDB user monitoring account.
Figure 4: MaxDB Instance Created Successfully
5. Provide the account information in the wizard, then click
to complete the configuration.
Note Please take note of the MaxDB Monitoring account requirements below.
Figure 5: Create New MaxDB System Wizard
6. A pop-up message will confirm that the account has been created successfully. Click OK to complete the process.
Figure 6: MaxDB User Account Confirmation
7. The newly added system will appear under the MaxDB Instances panel.
Figure 7: MaxDB Instances
Note It may take a few minutes to change the status to "In Progress," refresh the panel if needed. If there are issues with the configuration, such as wrong connection parameters or an invalid account etc. the status will stay "Ready", troubleshoot by displaying the log (Click thetool for the new record or click object icon and select Log from the menu popup).
8. The newly added system shows up in the Service grid within 5-15 minutes.
Figure 8: MaxDB Server in IT-Conductor Service Grid
The account used to monitor the MaxDB instance should be created as follows:
- Login to the Sqlcli with your SYSDBA/DBADMIN user as shown below:
>sqlcli -d <database_name> -u <dbadmin_user>,<dbadmin_password>
- Create a database user with a STANDARD user class:
>CREATE USER <user_name> PASSWORD <user_password> STANDARD