Comment on page
BusinessObjects Data Services
1. In the IT-Conductor main menu, navigate to Dashboards > Administrator.
Figure 1: IT-Conductor Dashboards Menu
2. In the Administrator dashboard, locate the BusinessObjects Data Services Systems panel. Click
to start adding a system for monitoring.
Figure 2: Add a New BusinessObjects Data Services System
3. In the Create BusinessObjects Data Services System wizard, fill out all the necessary information. Once completed, click
to add the system.
Figure 3: Create a New BusinessObjects Data Services System
4. A pop-up message will confirm that the SAP Data Service has been added successfully. Click OK to dismiss and proceed to configure the BODS account to be used for monitoring.
Figure 4: SAP Data Service Created Successfully
5. Provide the account information in the wizard and click
to complete the configuration.
Note Specify the BO Server name in the CMS System field, use <host name>:<port> notation with the port typically set to 6400.
Figure 5: SAP User Account Information
6. A pop-up message will confirm that the BO Data Service account has been created successfully. Click OK to complete the process.
Figure 6: SAP Account Confirmation
7. The newly added system will appear in the BusinessObjects Data Services Systems panel.
Figure 7: BODS Systems
Note It may take a few minutes to change to "In Progress," refresh the panel if needed. If there are issues with the configuration, such as wrong system connection parameters or an invalid account etc. the system will stay in status "Ready", troubleshoot by displaying the log. Clickfor the new System or click object icon and select Log from the menu popup.
8. The BODS branch will show up under the BOBJ Service grid in 5-15 minutes.
Note Please be advised that the BODS systems are currently monitored as part of BusinessObjects service tree - there is no standalone BODS service tree discovered
When configuring the BusinessObjects Data Services IT-Conductor monitoring account, make sure the selected user is a member of the standard Data Services Monitor Users user group in addition to the Everyone group.