Comment on page
Creating Threshold Overrides
Creating threshold overrides in IT-Conductor may be performed either with or without a template.
Note: The more criteria there are, the more specific the override is and the higher precedence.
IT-Conductor has pre-defined templates that users may use to create threshold overrides easily.
1. Navigate to the service grid and click on the metric that you want to create a threshold override.
Figure 1: IT-Conductor Service Grid View
2. From the threshold chart screen, click on the "Threshold Overrides" icon to load the list of the existing threshold overrides for that particular metric you selected in Step 1.
Figure 2: Sample Threshold Chart
3. From the overrides screen, click the "Create from Templates" icon to load the list of templates.
Figure 3: Create from Templates Icon
4. Click the appropriate metric template.
Figure 4: Sample Metric Template
5. You will be redirected to the template page, where you can edit the fields depending on your requirement.
Figure 5: Sample Template Page
6. Click the "Save" icon.
Figure 6: Template Save Icon
7. Verify if the newly created override has been successfully added to the overrides screen.
Figure 7: Sample Background Utilization Overrides
Alternatively, you may create a threshold override without a template.
1. In the overrides screen, click the "Create new Override" icon.
Figure 8: Create a New Override Icon
2. You will be redirected to the new override page. Fill in the fields with values while considering the following:
- Specify the criteria. Removing the values from the criteria widens the override's scope (e.g., removing the value for Server Name makes the override applicable to all Application Servers on CR2; removing the value for the Work Queue makes the override applicable to all Application Servers on all customer's SAP Systems).
- Specify the schedule the override is in effect.
- To smooth out the spikes and eliminate false positives, you can specify the interval and the aggregation method to calculate the threshold value.
- Specify the warning and alert values, the comparison operation, and the severity assigned.
- Select the Generate Alert On value to generate an alert on Warning, Alert, or not.
- If the alert generation is selected, you can customize the alert message. Leaving it blank will use the default alert message. You can use variables in the alert message that will be resolved at the time of generation. The variables can refer to the attributes in the monitored object and the threshold override. See Threshold Override Variables for more details.
Figure 9: Sample Page for New Template
3. Once all required fields with asterisks (*) and other criteria have been populated, click the "Create" icon to save and create the override.
Figure 10: Create New Override Icon
4. Verify if the newly created override has been successfully added to the overrides screen.
Figure 11: Sample Background Utilization Overrides